Welcome to Citrine Class
Positivity and Inspiration
We all know that this pandemic has been hard on us all so here are some quotes to help us stay positive.
Look for something positive each day, even if you need to try a little harder
If your dreams don't scare you then they are too small. If you believe in yourself then you're already halfway there.
With belief, practice and a little bit of encouragement anything is possible.
The only thing that's holding you back from achieving the impossible is your own disbelief.
We have all been learning about how to stay safe online. We would like to share how to stay safe on the internet or other devices with you.
- When you first enter a website, make sure you know what you are doing there.
- The next thing you should be aware of is online bullying. Online bullying is quite a big thing in this world that's why we are telling you about it .
- Sometimes people don't realize they are being bullied sometimes they think they are safe but really they aren't.
- If someone has sent you a message and you don't have a clue who they are then screenshot the message or messages then tell your parents and don't message them back.
- If you don't want this to happen to you then make sure you are being kind to other people and respecting others. Also if you have someone messaging you all the time and you don't know them- block them .
- Make sure you don't show any personal information name ,address and name of school.
- Remember, if it doesn’t feel right, speak to an adult.
In our Topic work this half term, we have been learning about the Ancient Greeks. As part of our Art learning we made Greek shields.
Here are some of Citrine's magnificent masterpieces.
First, here are the instructions for some Ancient Greek shields we have made.
First you design your shield on a piece of paper and think about what colors you want to use.
Next cut out a large cardboard circle.
Then scrunch up a piece of paper into a ball and glue it to the middle of your cardboard circle.
Make papier-mâché and cover the whole shield in papier-mâché to make it smooth and then let it dry.
After that, draw and cut your design out of cardboard and stick it onto your shield.
Penultimately, paint the whole thing in your base colour.
Then paint your design in your detail colour.
Times Table Rock Stars
Ttrs is a maths website and app where children or adults practice their times table knowledge. Everyone can race each other to see who can get the highest score. It is also a way to race yourself to beat your own score and it would help with children who have been or are struggling with their times tables. You may be wondering how do I or my child get higher in my times tables? Well, the better you get the harder your assigned times tables get, and you Einsteins out there don't worry you can make the times tables even harder with questions like 15 times 12.
We use an online app to read called MyON. We usually use it in lessons like English and Guided Reading. MyOn is very easy to set up and you can search for a wide variety of books about lots of different topics.
Breaktimes and PE
We know how important it is that we are keeping ourselves fit and healthy during these times. During break times we have found different ways to keep ourselves active and healthy. These include:
We have also been exploring different sports in PE.
We have played hockey, badminton football, dodgeball and speed stacks this half term.