We will revise colours and months of the year so that the children are able to describe themselves and then talk about what they like and don’t like, when their birthday is and when others in their house have birthdays.
All about me
Draw and label yourself and your family. Ensure that you include the colours they are wearing and your pets.
Around the picture write facts eg. age, things you like, colours and when your birthday is.
1) French Clips – https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/subjects/zr8jmp3
Collection of classroom clips for counting, playground games, food and drink, animals etc. Short clips 5 minutes each.
Learn French for Kids – Numbers, colours and more. Also more videos in playlist. 20 – 40 minutes.
3) Primary French Resources – http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/mfl/mfl_french.htm
Collection of French activities, games and resources. Numbers, letters, colours, weather, animals etc.
4) Numbers game – http://www.primaryresources.co.uk/mfl/flash/french_numbers.swf
French number game with audio options.
5) French Games – https://www.french-games.net/frenchgames/sow-grow
Selection of French games. More for children who can read.
6) BBC French – http://www.bbc.co.uk/languages/french/talk/
An introduction to French. Range of videos covering greetings, introductions, shopping etc.
7) French Stories – https://www.thefrenchexperiment.com/stories
Classic Traditional tales read out in French. – App available
8) Interactive games – http://www.crickweb.co.uk/ks2french.html
Selection of interactive French activities
9) Games – https://www.digitaldialects.com/French.htm
Lots of French games for all children. Has audio options.
10) Primary Languages – http://www.nicurriculum.org.uk/pl/
Interactive stories, rhymes, activities and word banks.
11) Stories, poems and songs – https://www.littleredlanguages.co.uk/stories/fr
Stories, poems and songs in French and English. Better for children who can read.
12) Learn French for beginners – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ioYxmPf9zmQ
15 minute video covering French phrases, counting etc. 15 Minutes.
13) Time for French – https://www.timeforfrench.co.uk/
Website with resources, support and weekly challenges run by Maryline.